Who is Jesus?
No one else has influenced history as He has.
· Jesus is the Son of God. Old Testament prophets spoke of His coming and described the eternal and life-changing impact He would have.
· Jesus is both God and man. He stilled the seas and walked on water. With a touch of His hand, He cured incurable diseases. He restored life to those who had physically died.
· Jesus personifies love. He paid the ultimate price so that we could live with Him forever. He sees us through the eyes of love.
· He loves us in spite of every hurtful thought, every harmful word, and every wrongful action. These are all a result of sin, which contaminates everything we do. It is behind every broken home, every empty life, every infirmity, every damaged emotion, every sorrow and grief. And as the Bible says, the end result of sin is death (Rom. 6:23). But Jesus Himself was sinless; only He could pay the penalty for our sins.
· Because of his love He suffered, died, and rose again.
· We are forgiven. All who believe in Jesus are guaranteed eternal life with Him in heaven.
Why did Jesus do this? Because Jesus is love.